How to Save Property Tax
How to Save Property Tax is widely regarded as the tax bible for property investors.
Now in its 14th year of publication, the latest edition has just been released (November 2015) and is completely up to date with all the major property tax changes announced in 2015, including the November Autumn Statement.
How to Save Property Tax also contains hundreds of tried and tested tax saving ideas - it will show you how to claim every single pound of tax relief you are entitled to.
Written in plain English, the guide is essential reading for:
- ALL property investors and buy-to-let landlords
- Second home owners
- Those renovating or developing property
- ALL accountants, solicitors and professional advisors
What Information is Contained in the Guide?
The guide contains dozens of real-life examples and tax planning tips to help you pay less income tax, capital gains tax and other property taxes.
Subjects covered include:
- How couples can save up to £17,337 in income tax every year.
- How to delay paying tax on your rental income by up to 2 years.
- How to keep your income below £50,000 and protect your Child Benefit payments.
- Details of the new ‘replacement furniture relief’ coming into effect in April 2016, plus advice on how to maximise claims for replacement furniture, fittings, equipment, etc.
- How to get the taxman to pay your travel costs including:
Paying Less Income Tax
- How to treat new kitchens and bathrooms as repairs instead of improvements and make the taxman pay 40% of the cost.
- How to deduct the cost of seminars, courses, and books (like this one!)
- The latest guidance for landlords claiming motor expenses for using a car, van or motorcycle in their property business.
- The £50,000 tax relief cap and how it affects property investors.
- New statutory flat rate deductions for use of home and mileage rates for vehicles.
- Capital allowances for integral features: How to benefit from a tax saving of up to £421,311 when you buy commercial property or furnished holiday lets.
- The latest changes to the capital allowances regime, including a detailed review of how and when property investors can benefit from it.
- Important guidance for commercial property landlords on how to retain the right to claim capital allowances on fixtures and fittings within their properties.
- The new tax rules for UK and overseas holiday lets.
- How to make the mortgage on your home tax deductible by borrowing against your buy-to-let properties to pay it off.
- How anyone renovating or developing property can save thousands in tax.
- How to use lease premiums to generate tax-free income.
- How to save hundreds or even thousands of pounds in professional adviser fees.
- New detailed guidance on which legal and professional fees can be claimed as an income tax deduction.
- How re-mortgaging property can save you thousands in tax... plus the traps to avoid when the property market is weak.
- New dangers facing property partnerships.
- Changes to rent-a-room relief.
- The landlords energy-saving allowance - costs that can still be claimed.
- A plain English guide to how CGT is calculated.
- How to make tax-free property transfers.
- Fully updated advice on changes to principal private residence relief, with detailed examples showing the impact of reducing the exemption from 3 years to 18 months.
- Numerous examples demonstrating how adopting a property as your own home for a short period is still a very powerful tax planning tool despite recent changes.
- New detailed info on the benefits and pitfalls of transferring property to a spouse.
- How transfers between spouses can save, or cost, huge amounts in CGT.
- Changes to the temporary periods of absence rule for main residences.
- How to pay just 10% capital gains tax by claiming Entrepreneurs Relief.
- How to avoid capital gains tax on second homes.
- How to benefit from main residence elections.
- How to use a trust to get extra tax-free capital growth on residential property.
- Ways to avoid capital gains tax even if a property is not your main residence.
- How to enjoy up to 15 years of tax-free capital growth.
- How you CAN escape capital gains tax by selling one property and buying another.
- How to use your spouse or children to save £1,000s in capital gains tax.
- How to escape capital gains tax on furnished holiday lets.
- The Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme, offering 50% income tax relief, plus the recent extension of CGT relief for SEIS investments.
- Stamp duty planning.
- The correct position regarding National Insurance on property letting businesses.
- Detailed advice on the new 'mansion taxes' applying to residential property worth over £500,000 held by companies and other ‘non-natural persons’
- How to use VAT to help increase your rent.
- VAT planning for commercial property, conversions, renovations and listed buildings.
- Details of the latest devolved tax powers in Scotland and their impact on property investors based in Scotland, or investing in Scotland.
Capital Gains Tax
Stamp Duty, VAT & Other Taxes
When you order this guide you will also receive a FREE copy of How to Save Tax 2015/2016.
This comprehensive tax saving guide contains over 100 pages of tax saving tips. It is completely up to date with all the latest tax changes announced in the March and July 2015 Budgets - essential reading for everyone who wants to pay less tax.
Please click here for more information on this excellent bonus ebook.
What Will I Receive?
- How to Save Property Tax - 302 pages of tax saving ideas. Professionally printed by one of the UK's leading book printers.
- A FREE optional PDF copy of the guide, emailed immediately. This means you can start saving tax just seconds after ordering!
- A FREE copy of our new comprehensive guide How to Save Tax - packed with useful tax tips and information - emailed immediately.
Click here for more details on this title.
- FREE Postage - For a limited time only we are offering free postage, no matter how many guides you buy. Orders are dispatched same day.
- Buy with Confidence - Taxcafe uses Worldpay's renowned secure payment system. We also accept payments via PayPal.
- 100% Money Back Guarantee - You are entitled to a full refund if you are not entirely happy with your purchase.