How to Save Property Tax
How to Save Property Tax is widely regarded as the tax bible for property investors.
The 20th edition has just been published (October 2016) and is completely up to date with all the major property tax changes announced in 2015 and 2016 (unaffected by November 2016 Autumn Statement).
How to Save Property Tax also contains dozens of tried and tested tax saving ideas which will help you pay less income tax, capital gains tax and stamp duty land tax on your property investments.
Written in plain English, with numerous easy to follow examples, the guide is essential reading for:
- ALL property investors and buy-to-let landlords
- Second home owners
- Those renovating or developing property
- ALL accountants, solicitors and professional advisors
What Information is Contained in the Guide?
Subjects covered include:
- A detailed look at all the expenses you can claim against your rental income.
- How couples can save up to £17,700 in income tax every year.
- How to delay paying tax on your rental income by up to 2 years.
- How to keep your income below £50,000 and protect your child benefit payments.
- Details of the new ‘replacement furniture relief’ which came into effect in April 2016, plus advice on how to maximise claims for replacement furniture, fittings, equipment, etc.
- How to get the taxman to pay your travel costs including:
Paying Less Income Tax
- How to treat new kitchens and bathrooms as repairs instead of improvements and make the taxman pay 40% of the cost.
- How to deduct the cost of seminars, courses, and books (like this one!)
- The latest guidance for landlords claiming motor expenses for using a car, van or motorcycle in their property business.
- The £50,000 tax relief cap and how it affects property investors.
- New statutory flat rate deductions for use of home and mileage rates for vehicles.
- Capital allowances for integral features: How to benefit from the £200,000 annual investment allowance when you buy commercial property or furnished holiday lets.
- The latest changes to the capital allowances regime, including a detailed review of how and when property investors can benefit from it.
- The new tax rules for UK and overseas holiday lets.
- How to make the mortgage on your home tax deductible by borrowing against your buy-to-let properties to pay it off.
- Detailed tax guidance for those renovating or developing property.
- How to use lease premiums to generate tax-free income.
- New guidance on which professional fees can be claimed as an income tax deduction.
- How re-mortgaging property can save you thousands in tax... plus the traps to avoid when the property market is weak.
- New dangers facing property partnerships.
- How changes to rent-a-room relief affect landlords letting out rooms in their own home.
- A fully updated summary for non-UK residents investing in UK property.
- Details of the new property income allowance and trading income allowance.
- Other proposed changes, including a possible new ‘cash basis’ for landlords.
- A plain English guide to how CGT is calculated.
- New detailed information on the benefits and pitfalls of transferring property to a spouse.
- How transfers between spouses can save, or cost, huge amounts in CGT.
- Fully updated advice on changes to principal private residence relief, with detailed examples showing the impact of reducing the exemption from 3 years to 18 months.
- Numerous examples which show how adopting a property as your own home for a short period is still a very powerful tax planning tool despite recent changes.
- How to pay just 10% capital gains tax by claiming Entrepreneurs Relief.
- How to use main residence elections to reduce the CGT on second homes.
- How to use a trust to get extra tax-free capital growth on residential property.
- Ways to avoid capital gains tax even if a property is not your main residence.
- How to enjoy up to 15 years of tax-free capital growth.
- How you CAN escape capital gains tax by selling one property and buying another.
- How to use your children to save £1,000s in capital gains tax.
- How to escape capital gains tax on furnished holiday lets.
- How changes to the definition of private residence affect those with overseas homes.
- A plain English guide to all the stamp duty issues facing property investors.
- The new stamp duty regime for both residential and non-residential property.
- Details of the new additional dwelling supplement applying in Scotland.
- The correct position regarding national insurance on property letting businesses.
- Detailed advice on the new 'mansion taxes' applying to residential property worth over £500,000 held by companies and other ‘non-natural persons’.
- How to use VAT to help increase your rent.
- VAT planning for commercial property, conversions, renovations and listed buildings.
- Details of the latest devolved tax powers in Scotland and their impact on property investors based in Scotland, or investing in Scotland.
- A brief look at forthcoming tax changes in Wales and Northern Ireland.
- A brief look at the potential impact of Brexit on property taxation.
Capital Gains Tax (CGT)
Stamp Duty Land Tax , VAT & Other Taxes
When you order this guide you will also receive a FREE copy of How to Save Tax 2016/2017.
This comprehensive tax saving guide contains over 150 pages of tax saving tips. It is completely up to date with all the latest tax changes announced in the March 2016 Budget - essential reading for everyone who wants to pay less tax.
Please click here for more information on this excellent bonus ebook.
What Will I Receive?
- How to Save Property Tax - 304 pages of tax saving ideas. Professionally printed by one of the UK's leading book printers.
- A FREE optional PDF copy of the guide, emailed immediately. This means you can start saving tax just seconds after ordering!
- A FREE copy of our new comprehensive guide How to Save Tax - packed with useful tax tips and information - emailed immediately.
Click here for more details on this title.
- FREE Postage - For a limited time only we are offering free postage, no matter how many guides you buy. Orders are dispatched same day.
- Buy with Confidence - Taxcafe uses Worldpay's renowned secure payment system. We also accept payments via PayPal.
- 100% Money Back Guarantee - You are entitled to a full refund if you are not entirely happy with your purchase.