- Taxcafe UK Limited is committed to protecting your privacy. Feel free to Contact us to ask any questions relating to privacy.
- Users are not required to register to use this website. Information is only collected if you place an order for one of the products or services from our website. As with purchasing any product or service on the internet you will be asked for your name, address and billing information. All orders are placed through either RBS Worldpay's secure payment server or Paypal. Taxcafe UK Limited will never receive your credit card details. No information is divulged to third parties other than the independent tax experts that answer tax questions, unless forced to by a law enforcement or regulatory authority under exceptional circumstances.
Top of page
Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights in any way.
- "Taxcafe.co.uk" is an on-line UK tax website provided by Taxcafe UK Limited on the World Wide Web of the Internet, consisting of information, data, services and content provided by Taxcafe UK Limited, independent third party associates of Taxcafe UK Limited and other parties.
- "User" means each person who establishes or accesses a connection for access to and use of Taxcafe.co.uk.
- "Q&A service" means the provision of answers by independent tax experts to questions on UK taxation and related matters for a consideration based on a fixed fee.
- "third party content and service providers" means all parties providing information or services to Taxcafe.co.uk or to Users of Taxcafe.co.uk other than Taxcafe UK Limited and its subsidiaries, including all independent tax experts participating in the provision of answers under the Q&A service.
This Agreement sets out the Terms and Conditions applying to all use of Taxcafe.co.uk by User. By using Taxcafe.co.uk (other than to read this Agreement), User agrees to comply with all Terms and Conditions set out in this Agreement.
For the avoidance of doubt, all rights and protection provided to Taxcafe.co.uk under the terms of this agreement shall apply equally to Taxcafe UK Limited, each and any of its subsidiaries, associates and third party content and service providers and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and sub-contractors.
- Changes to Terms
Taxcafe.co.uk has the right to change any of these Terms and Conditions, or to introduce new conditions, at any time. Such changes, modifications, additions or deletions shall be effective immediately upon notice thereof, given by means of publication on Taxcafe.co.uk. Any further use of Taxcafe.co.uk by User after such publication shall be deemed to constitute acceptance of the revised Terms.
The website is protected by worldwide copyright laws and treaties. © Taxcafe UK Limited 1999-2015. All rights reserved.
- Trade Marks
The logo "TaxCafe" is the trade mark of Taxcafe UK Limited.
All other marks, names and logos mentioned on this website may be trade marks of their respective owners.
Links are permitted to pages of this website. Please contact us to obtain permission to link to our home page.
- Question & Answer Service
Scope of the Service
- Answers under this service are intended for general guidance only.
- The Question & Answer Service covers UK taxation only.
- Although the tax experts are committed to providing a fast service, they cannot guarantee that answers to questions will always be received by you within 3 working days. They reserve the right to refrain from answering specific questions at their sole discretion and we shall then refund any sums paid in respect of unanswered questions submitted.
- Your statutory rights in the United Kingdom are not affected.
Please note that the answers contain general guidance only and do not constitute accountancy or other professional advice.
Although the aim is always to ensure that you are provided with as comprehensive an answer as possible within the limited scope of this service, all liability is excluded for any loss which may arise.
We recommend that for a specific accountancy or tax problem or matter a suitably qualified accountant, independent financial adviser or tax specialist should be consulted.
Services, content and information are provided for the sole personal use of User. No obligation to any other parties can be accepted by Taxcafe UK Limited or the tax experts that provide answers to tax questions.
Orders placed under the Q&A service may be cancelled by User at any time prior to commencement of work on the relevant answer. For the avoidance of doubt, it shall be assumed for this purpose that work commences one hour before delivery of the answer. All other orders placed may be cancelled at any time prior to delivery. In the case of cancellations made in accordance with the above terms, full refunds will be provided to User.
Taxcafe UK Limited shall have no liability for any transactions, decisions or other action taken, or not taken, on the basis of information, data and services provided by Taxcafe UK Limited, including, without prejudice, answers provided under the Question & Answer Service and information contained in tax guides, books and newsletters. Taxcafe UK Limited does not provide tax advice. All claims in connection with answers provided to tax questions under the Question & Answer Service should be made against the tax expert who provides the relevant answer. They will have a duty of care to you. Taxcafe UK Limited cannot be held liable in respect of the answers provided. Taxcafe UK Limited only accepts responsibility for processing payments properly for the Question and Answer Service and for exercising reasonable care and skill to select qualified third parties to answer tax questions.
Taxcafe UK Limited does not warrant or guarantee the timeliness, accuracy, or completeness of any information or services provided. Additionally, there are no warranties as to the results obtained from the use of the information and services.
This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. The section headings used herein are for convenience only and shall not be given any legal import. References to any gender shall be taken to apply to every gender as appropriate. References to the plural shall include the singular and vice versa.
All payments on this website are made through RBS Worldpay's secure payment server or Paypal. Worldpay is the leading online payment provider in the United Kingdom. They use industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL), Thawte and WorldPay unique encryption systems. SSL requires multiple layers of communication. These multiple layers turn your information into an encrypted code that is extremely difficult to break.
When you fill in the payment form and click the submit button, your details are not sent straight away. What actually happens is that a secure link is set up between your browser and WorldPay. An encryption code is requested and received, which then wraps the order and transaction details before leaving your computer.
Taxcafe UK Ltd does not collect or store your credit/debit card number.
Top of page
Complaints & Suggestions
All complaints and suggestions can be sent to us by clicking here. We always welcome recommendations on how our services can be improved. The tax expert who answers your question will want to make sure that you are satisfied with the answer and you should contact the expert directly if you have any queries. Please note that each tax expert provides the answer to your question in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Taxcafe UK Limited itself does not provide tax advice and cannot be liable for any answers provided.