How to Save Inheritance Tax
Effective inheritance tax planning could save your family hundreds of thousands of pounds.
This comprehensive yet easy to read guide tells you everything you need to know about protecting your assets from the taxman.
The 13th edition of How to Save Inheritance Tax was published in May 2016 and is completely up to date (unaffected by November 2016 Autumn Statement).
Inheritance tax planning has become more important than ever, following the Government's decision to freeze the £325,000 lifetime exemption. Inflation is eroding its value every year, dragging more families into the tax net.
The guide is packed full of practical examples and tax planning ideas. Over more than a decade it has acquired a reputation as the most comprehensive inheritance tax planning book in the UK.
What Information is Contained in the Guide?
Subjects covered include:
- All tax changes announced in the March 2016 and earlier Budgets.
- Plain-English guide to calculating inheritance tax and how the tax works.
- Tax planning timetable: Steps to take at key points in your life.
- Detailed list of completely tax-free amounts that can save you thousands every year.
- How to use the ‘regular payment’ method to pass unlimited funds to family members.
- Over a dozen inheritance tax planning techniques for protecting the family home.
- How to pass on investment properties worth up to £650,000 free from both inheritance tax and capital gains tax.
- The interaction between inheritance tax and capital gains tax – revised to take account of the 2016 reduction in CGT rates.
- Plain-English guide to the various types of trusts, including: Discretionary Trusts, Interest in Possession Trusts, Life Interest Trusts, Bare Trusts, Bereaved Minor’s Trusts, ‘18 to 25’ Trusts and Disabled Trusts.
- The latest changes to the IHT regime for trusts and the impact on tax planning.
- Changes to the IHT treatment of UK residential property held indirectly through excluded property trusts, companies or other vehicles.
- Guidance on the new rules regarding deduction of liabilities from estates on death.
- How to make Lifetime Transfers in the most tax efficient way.
- All you need to know about Potentially Exempt Transfers, tax free after 7 years.
- Using family weddings to pass assets to children, grandchildren and other family.
- How to benefit minor children and children who aren’t even born yet.
- Inheritance tax planning techniques for common law partners.
- Important steps to take to avoid capital gains tax when transferring assets to family.
- How to avoid causing financial hardship to yourself or your spouse.
- Changes to the ‘deemed domicile’ rules and how these will affect long-term UK residents, those planning to emigrate and those temporarily returning to the UK.
- How to use Business Property Relief to pass unlimited assets to your family.
- How to use Business Property Relief to protect your investment assets.
- Why borrowing to invest in a business may still be beneficial for IHT purposes.
- When investing in AIM shares will still work, and when it won’t.
- The interaction of business and agricultural property relief on farmland & farmhouses.
- IHT Planning after death - How families can still save tax after a loved one has died.
- The benefits and pitfalls of deeds of variation.
- Inheritance tax planning steps you should take when you lose a parent or spouse.
- How to keep control over your income when you give away capital.
- How you can knock up to 15% off your inheritance tax bill by simply changing the legal title you hold in your house.
- How to avoid IHT on valuable antiques, paintings, etc.
- How to avoid IHT if you emigrate plus the impact of the new statutory residence test.
- How some people could avoid IHT simply by moving around the UK.
- A look at what the new general anti-abuse rule means for IHT planning
- Popular inheritance tax planning products explained.
- Practical answers to the problems of long-term residential care.
- How to retire to the country and save inheritance tax at the same time.
- Things to watch out for if you're from a Scottish family or own property in Scotland.
- Dozens of clear real-life examples are used throughout to explain important points.
When you order this guide you will also receive a FREE copy of How to Save Tax 2016/2017.
This comprehensive tax saving guide contains over 150 pages of tax saving tips. It is completely up to date with all the latest tax changes announced in the March 2016 Budget - essential reading for everyone who wants to pay less tax.
Please click here for more information on this excellent bonus ebook.
What Will I Receive?
- How to Save Inheritance Tax - 296 pages of inheritance tax planning ideas. Professionally printed by one of the UK's leading book printers.
- A FREE optional PDF copy of the guide, emailed immediately. This means you can start saving tax just seconds after ordering!
- A FREE copy of our new comprehensive guide How to Save Tax - packed with useful tax tips and information - emailed immediately.
Click here for more details on this title.
- FREE Postage - For a limited time only we are offering free postage, no matter how many guides you buy. Orders are dispatched same day.
- Buy with Confidence - Taxcafe uses Worldpay's renowned secure payment system. We also accept payments via PayPal.
- 100% Money Back Guarantee - You are entitled to a full refund if you are not entirely happy with your purchase.