How to Avoid Inheritance Tax
Effective inheritance tax planning could save your family hundreds of thousands of pounds.
This comprehensive yet easy to read guide tells you everything you need to know about protecting your assets from the taxman.
The 12th edition of How to Avoid Inheritance Tax is just about to be published (Oct 2013) and will be completely up to date.
Inheritance tax planning has become more important than ever, following the Government's decision to freeze the £325,000 lifetime exemption and not increase it. Inflation will erode its value every year, dragging more families into the tax net.
The guide is packed full of practical examples and tax planning ideas and, over the last nine years, has acquired a reputation as the best inheritance tax planning book in the UK.
What Information is Contained in the Guide?
Subjects covered include:
- All relevant tax changes from the most recent Budget.
- Plain-English guide to calculating inheritance tax and how the tax works.
- Tax planning timetable: Steps to take at key points in your life to make long-term tax savings.
- Detailed list of completely tax-free amounts - these can save you literally thousands every year.
- How to give more money to charity AND still leave your family better off.
- Detailed analysis of how the IHT rules affect married couples.
- How to use the little-known ‘regular payment’ method to pass unlimited funds to family members.
- More than a dozen inheritance tax planning techniques for protecting the family home.
- How to pass on investment properties worth up to £650,000 free from both inheritance tax and capital gains tax.
- Detailed analysis of the latest trust changes and their impact on popular tax planning techniques.
- Plain-English guide to the various types of trusts, including: Discretionary Trusts, Interest in Possession Trusts, Life Interest Trusts, Bare Trusts, Bereaved Minor’s Trusts, ‘18 to 25’ Trusts and Disabled Trusts.
- How to use Business Property Relief to pass unlimited assets to your family.
- How to use Business Property Relief to protect your investment assets.
- How to get a double deduction for qualifying business property.
- How to make Lifetime Transfers in the most tax efficient way.
- Everything you need to know about Potentially Exempt Transfers, tax free after 7 years.
- Using family weddings to pass assets to children, future grandchildren and other family.
- Inheritance tax planning techniques for common law partners.
- Important steps to take to avoid capital gains tax when transferring assets to your family.
- How to plan for inheritance tax without causing financial hardship to yourself or your spouse.
- How hundreds of thousands of people in the UK with foreign domicile can protect their foreign assets from inheritance tax.
- How a couple, in the space of 48 hours, managed to give their children £20,000 tax free.
- How to use investments like rental property to obtain an extra IHT deduction.
- IHT Planning after death - How families can still save tax after a loved one has died.
- Detailed commentary on the benefits and pitfalls of deeds of variation.
- Inheritance tax planning steps you should take when you lose a parent or spouse.
- Practical points on weighing up IHT savings against capital gains tax and other costs.
- How to keep control over your income when you give away capital.
- How you can knock up to 15% off your inheritance tax bill by simply changing the legal title you hold in your house.
- How to avoid IHT on valuable antiques, paintings, etc.
- How to avoid UK inheritance tax if you emigrate.
- How some people could avoid IHT simply by moving around the UK.
- Popular inheritance tax planning products explained.
- Practical answers to the problems of long-term residential care.
- How to retire to the country and save inheritance tax at the same time.
- How to benefit minor children and children who aren’t even born yet.
- Things to watch out for if you're from a Scottish family or own property in Scotland.
- Plus lots and lots more tax tips, examples and explanations.
- Dozens of clear real-life examples are used throughout to explain important points.
When you order this guide you will also receive a FREE copy of How to Save Tax 2013/2014.
This comprehensive tax saving guide contains over 100 pages of tax saving tips. It is completely up to date with all the latest tax changes announced in the March 2013 Budget - essential reading for everyone who wants to pay less tax.
Please click here for more information on this excellent bonus ebook.
What Will I Receive?
- How to Avoid Inheritance Tax - 312 pages of inheritance tax planning ideas. Professionally printed by one of the UK's leading book printers.
- A FREE optional PDF copy of the guide, emailed immediately. This means you can start saving tax just seconds after ordering!
- A FREE copy of our new comprehensive guide How to Save Tax - packed with useful tax tips and information - emailed immediately.
Click here for more details on this title.
- Fixed Price Postage - Our postage and packaging charge is just £1.95 no matter how many guides you buy. Orders are dispatched same day.
- Buy with Confidence - Taxcafe uses Worldpay's renowned secure payment system. We also accept payments via PayPal.
- 100% Money Back Guarantee - You are entitled to a full refund if you are not entirely happy with your purchase.
Please click here if you would prefer to pay by cheque