How to Save Inheritance Tax
Effective inheritance tax planning could save your family hundreds of thousands of pounds.
This comprehensive yet easy to read guide tells you everything you need to know about protecting your assets from the taxman.
The 12th edition of How to Save Inheritance Tax has just been published (Jan 2014) and is completely up to date.
Inheritance tax planning has become more important than ever, following the Government's decision to freeze the £325,000 lifetime exemption. Inflation will erode its value every year, dragging more families into the tax net.
The guide is packed full of practical examples and tax planning ideas. Over the last 10 years it has acquired a reputation as the most comprehensive inheritance tax planning book in the UK.
What Information is Contained in the Guide?
Subjects covered include:
- Plain-English guide to calculating inheritance tax and how the tax works.
- Tax planning timetable: Steps to take at key points in your life.
- Detailed list of completely tax-free amounts that can save you thousands every year.
- How to give more money to charity AND still leave your family better off.
- How to use the ‘regular payment’ method to pass unlimited funds to family members.
- Over a dozen inheritance tax planning techniques for protecting the family home.
- How to pass on investment properties worth up to £650,000 free from both inheritance tax and capital gains tax.
- How to shelter furnished holiday letting property from IHT: the latest position.
- Plain-English guide to the various types of trusts, including: Discretionary Trusts, Interest in Possession Trusts, Life Interest Trusts, Bare Trusts, Bereaved Minor’s Trusts, ‘18 to 25’ Trusts and Disabled Trusts.
- A review of probable changes to trusts coming up in 2015 with detailed advice on the likely impact on popular planning structures.
- How to ensure that popular planning techniques like the 'widow’s loan scheme', the 'family debt scheme' and 'double dip' will still work.
- Guidance on the new rules regarding deduction of liabilities from estates on death.
- How to make Lifetime Transfers in the most tax efficient way.
- All you need to know about Potentially Exempt Transfers, tax free after 7 years.
- Using family weddings to pass assets to children, grandchildren and other family.
- How to benefit minor children and children who aren’t even born yet.
- Inheritance tax planning techniques for common law partners.
- Important steps to take to avoid capital gains tax when transferring assets to family.
- How a couple, in 48 hours, managed to give their children £20,000 tax free.
- How to avoid causing financial hardship to yourself or your spouse.
- How non-domiciled individuals can protect their foreign assets from inheritance tax.
- The benefits and drawbacks of the new opt-in election for non-domiciled spouses.
- Changes to the treatment of non-domiciled taxpayers and excluded property trusts.
- How to use Business Property Relief to pass unlimited assets to your family.
- How to use Business Property Relief to protect your investment assets.
- Financing a private trading company - the IHT consequences of different methods.
- Why borrowing to invest in a business may still be beneficial for IHT purposes.
- When investing in AIM shares will still work, and when it won’t.
- The interaction of business and agricultural property relief on farmland & farmhouses.
- IHT Planning after death - How families can still save tax after a loved one has died.
- The benefits and pitfalls of deeds of variation.
- Inheritance tax planning steps you should take when you lose a parent or spouse.
- Practical points on weighing up IHT savings against capital gains tax and other costs.
- How to keep control over your income when you give away capital.
- How you can knock up to 15% off your inheritance tax bill by simply changing the legal title you hold in your house.
- How to avoid IHT on valuable antiques, paintings, etc.
- How to avoid IHT if you emigrate plus the impact of the new statutory residence test.
- How some people could avoid IHT simply by moving around the UK.
- A look at what the new general anti-abuse rule means for IHT planning
- Popular inheritance tax planning products explained.
- Practical answers to the problems of long-term residential care.
- How to retire to the country and save inheritance tax at the same time.
- Things to watch out for if you're from a Scottish family or own property in Scotland.
- Dozens of clear real-life examples are used throughout to explain important points.
When you order this guide you will also receive a FREE copy of How to Save Tax 2014/2015.
This comprehensive tax saving guide contains over 100 pages of tax saving tips. It is completely up to date with all the latest tax changes announced in the March 2014 Budget - essential reading for everyone who wants to pay less tax.
Please click here for more information on this excellent bonus ebook.
What Will I Receive?
- How to Save Inheritance Tax - 348 pages of inheritance tax planning ideas. Professionally printed by one of the UK's leading book printers.
- A FREE optional PDF copy of the guide, emailed immediately. This means you can start saving tax just seconds after ordering!
- A FREE copy of our new comprehensive guide How to Save Tax - packed with useful tax tips and information - emailed immediately.
Click here for more details on this title.
- Fixed Price Postage - Our postage and packaging charge is just £1.95 no matter how many guides you buy. Orders are dispatched same day.
- Buy with Confidence - Taxcafe uses Worldpay's renowned secure payment system. We also accept payments via PayPal.
- 100% Money Back Guarantee - You are entitled to a full refund if you are not entirely happy with your purchase.
Please click here if you would prefer to pay by cheque