Salary versus Dividends
& Other Tax Efficient Profit
This unique tax guide shows company owners how to save thousands of pounds in tax every year by choosing the best mix of salary and dividends.
It also shows you how to slash your tax bill further using directors' loans, company pension contributions, rent, interest and other powerful profit extraction strategies.
Salary versus Dividends is essential reading for ALL company owners and directors. The 16th edition was published in April 2016 and is completely up to date (unaffected by November 2016 Autumn Statement).
Company owners can enjoy massive additional tax savings by 'smoothing' their income or varying it from year to year ('roller-coaster income'). This guide tells you exactly what to do with easy to follow examples.
What Information is Contained in the Guide?
Salary versus Dividends is written in plain English and contains many practical examples. Subjects covered include:
- All tax changes announced in the March 2016 Budget and the two 2015 Budgets.
- A plain English guide to how dividends are now taxed with lots of examples.
- How to reduce ALL the taxes paid by company owners: income tax, national insurance, corporation tax and capital gains tax.
- How to choose the best mix of salary and dividends for YOU.
- How couples in business can extract £32,000 TAX FREE this year.
- How to make the most of the new 7.5% dividend tax rate and avoid paying 32.5%.
- How couples can extract up to £86,000 and pay just 4.7% tax overall.
- How to benefit from the new £3,000 national insurance employment allowance.
- Why company owners can benefit from the new marriage allowance.
- How company owners with children can avoid the child benefit tax charge
- ... thereby safeguarding tax-free child benefit of up to £21,000 per child!
- How to save up to £11,950 in tax per person per year by gifting shares to your family.
- Traps to avoid when gifting shares to family members who are also employees.
- How to pay tax-free salaries to family members (including minor children).
- The extortionate income tax rates that apply to some dividends (eg 58%) and how you can avoid them.
- Why most company owners will now have to make payments on account.
- Loans to directors - how they can be used to defer tax for an extra two years and sometimes to avoid tax altogether.
- How the new 'bed and breakfasting' rules affect how often you can take a tax-free loan from your company.
- Pension contributions - When you should make them; when your company should.
- Why company pension contributions are better than dividends.
- Rental income - Why rent is now better than dividends in many cases.
- Interest income - Why company owners can pay themselves up to £6,000 tax-free.
- How company owners can reduce their tax by accelerating or deferring income.
- Tax saving strategies for company owners with income from other sources (e.g. rental income or other business income).
- How company owners who are also landlords will be affected by the new restrictions on mortgage interest tax relief.
- How to protect your personal allowance and save an extra £3,683 in tax if you have income over £100,000.
- How to avoid paying tax at 38.1% if you have income over £150,000.
- How to make sure the new national living wage doesn't affect you.
- How to protect your state pension entitlement.
- How to declare dividends properly and avoid an HMRC challenge.
- Traps for personal service companies.
- How to benefit from Entrepreneurs Relief (10% tax) when you sell your company or wind it up.
- How company owners, by altering their dividends, can save up to £3,200 in capital gains tax when they sell properties and other assets in 2016/17.
- How to completely avoid tax by emigrating, including details of the new statutory residence test.
When you order this guide you will also receive a FREE copy of How to Save Tax 2017/2018.
This comprehensive tax saving guide contains over 150 pages of tax saving tips. It is completely up to date with all the latest tax changes announced in the March 2017 Budget - essential reading for everyone who wants to pay less tax.
Please click here for more information on this excellent bonus ebook.
What Will I Receive?
- Salary vs Dividends - 234 pages of tax saving ideas. Professionally printed by one of the UK's leading book printers.
- A FREE optional PDF copy of the guide, emailed immediately. This means you can start saving tax just seconds after ordering!
- A FREE copy of our new comprehensive guide How to Save Tax - packed with useful tax tips and information - emailed immediately.
Click here for more details on this title.
- FREE Postage - For a limited time only we are offering free postage, no matter how many guides you buy. Orders are dispatched same day.
- Buy with Confidence - Taxcafe uses Worldpay's renowned secure payment system. We also accept payments via PayPal.
- 100% Money Back Guarantee - You are entitled to a full refund if you are not entirely happy with your purchase.
Please click here if you would prefer to pay by cheque