Salary versus Dividends
& Other Tax Efficient Profit
This unique tax guide shows company owners how to save thousands of pounds in tax every year by choosing the best mix of salary and dividends.
It also shows you how to slash your tax bill further by using directors' loans, company pension contributions, rent and other powerful profit extraction strategies.
Salary versus Dividends is essential reading for ALL company owners. The 13th edition has just been published (April 2013) and is completely up to date.
The salary vs dividends question has been drastically altered by recent tax changes. Increasingly, the question is no longer just whether to pay yourself a salary or dividends but when to pay them and how much. This guide tells you exactly what to do with clear conclusions and easy to follow examples.
What Information is Contained in the Guide?
Salary versus Dividends is written in plain English and contains many practical examples. Subjects covered include:
- All tax changes announced in the March 2013 Budget and 2013 Finance Bill.
- How to reduce ALL the taxes paid by company owners: income tax, national insurance, corporation tax and capital gains tax.
- How to choose the best mix of salary and dividends for YOU.
- The maximum TAX-FREE salary and dividends you can extract this year (2013/14).
- How couples in business can extract over £75,000 tax free every year.
- How couples can extract up to £155,202 and pay just 17% tax.
- How to avoid national insurance – the Government's favourite tax on work.
- How company owners with children can avoid the new child benefit tax charge
- ... thereby safeguarding tax-free child benefit of up to £21,000 per child!
- How to save up to £11,415 in tax per person per year by gifting shares in the business to your family.
- How to pay tax-free salaries to family members (including minor children).
- The extortionate income tax rates that apply to some dividends (eg 47%, 60%) and how you can avoid them.
- How to postpone paying tax on dividends for up to 666 days.
- How to permanently avoid making payments on account.
- Loans to directors - how they can be used to defer tax for an extra two years and sometimes to avoid tax altogether.
- How the new 'bed and breakfasting' rules (March 2013) affect how often you can take a tax-free loan from your company.
- Pension contributions - When you should make them; when your company should make them.
- Why company pension contributions are the next best thing to a tax-free salary.
- Rental income - How much rent should your company pay you?
- How company owners can reduce their tax bills by accelerating income or deferring income.
- How company owners can enjoy massive additional tax savings by 'smoothing' income or varying it from year to year ('roller-coaster income').
- Tax saving strategies for company owners with income from other sources (e.g. rental income or other business income).
- Why company directors can pay just 10% tax on their interest income.
- How to protect your personal allowance and save an extra £3,675 in tax if you have income over £100,000.
- How to avoid paying tax at 30.6% if you have income over £150,000.
- How to make sure the national minimum wage doesn't affect you.
- How to protect your state pension entitlement.
- How to declare dividends properly and avoid an HMRC challenge.
- New guidelines for personal service companies worried about IR35.
- What do recent tax cases (eg Arctic Systems and PA Holdings) mean for you?
- How company owners, by altering their dividends, can save up to £3,201 in capital gains tax when they sell properties and other assets in 2013/14.
- How to completely avoid tax by emigrating, including details of the new statutory residence test that applies from 6th April 2013.
When you order this guide you will also receive a FREE copy of How to Save Tax 2013/2014.
This comprehensive tax saving guide contains over 100 pages of tax saving tips. It is completely up to date with all the latest tax changes announced in the March 2013 Budget - essential reading for everyone who wants to pay less tax.
Please click here for more information on this excellent bonus ebook.
What Will I Receive?
- Salary vs Dividends - 209 pages of tax saving ideas. Professionally printed by one of the UK's leading book printers.
- A FREE optional PDF copy of the guide, emailed immediately. This means you can start saving tax just seconds after ordering!
- A FREE copy of our new comprehensive guide How to Save Tax - packed with useful tax tips and information - emailed immediately.
Click here for more details on this title.
- Fixed Price Postage - Our postage and packaging charge is just £1.95 no matter how many guides you buy. Orders are dispatched same day.
- Buy with Confidence - Taxcafe uses Worldpay's renowned secure payment system. We also accept payments via PayPal.
- 100% Money Back Guarantee - You are entitled to a full refund if you are not entirely happy with your purchase.
Please click here if you would prefer to pay by cheque