Non-Resident & Offshore Tax Planning
This guide shows you how to pay less tax if you are non-UK resident or non-domiciled. It also explains how offshore companies and offshore trusts can be used to save tax.
The 14th edition is completely up to date for the current 2014/2015 tax year.
Non-Resident & Offshore Tax Planning was described in an editorial in The Times as an "authoritative review of the topic". It is essential reading for:
- Anyone who wants to become non-resident and pay less income tax and capital gains tax.
- Non-domiciled individuals who want to make the most of their special tax status.
- Anyone interested in using offshore companies and offshore trusts to pay less tax.
- Anyone thinking about working or retiring abroad.
What the press and our customers have
to say about Non-Resident & Offshore Tax Planning:
What Information is Contained in the Guide?
Non-Resident & Offshore Tax Planning is written in plain English and is crammed full of examples and tax planning tips. Subjects covered include:
- All relevant changes from the March 2014 Budget.
- How non-residents and non-domiciled individuals are taxed.
- A plain-English guide to the new Statutory Residence Test, with lots of examples.
- How non-residents with UK rental income can pay less income tax.
- How non-residents can enjoy tax-free dividends and interest.
- ... including one individual who stands to save £67,831 income tax on his dividends.
- New rules for company owners who extract dividends while temporarily non-resident.
- How to completely avoid UK income tax on your pension when you retire abroad.
- How to enhance your state pension by paying cheap voluntary national insurance.
- How a QROPS can help you avoid the 55% inheritance tax charge on pensions.
- How to avoid UK income tax on your salary.
- A detailed list of tax havens and countries that do not tax UK income.
- How HMRC is clamping down on privacy by sharing information with other countries.
- How to totally avoid paying capital gains tax both in the UK and abroad.
- The new capital gains tax rules for temporary non-residents.
- Full details of the proposals to tax non-residents who sell UK residential property from April 2015.
- How UK capital gains are taxed in other countries.
- How to determine whether you are UK domiciled or non-domiciled.
- How non-domiciled individuals can use the remittance basis to avoid UK tax on their overseas income and capital gains.
- How every non-domiciled couple can save an extra £1,599 tax every year.
- How to avoid the £30,000 and new £50,000 remittance basis charges.
- How non-domiciled individuals can make tax-free remittances, including:
- the exemption for clothing, jewellery and expensive watches.
- the exemption that lets you buy unlimited items costing under £1,000.
- The new Business Investment Relief for those investing in UK companies.
- How non doms can use excluded property trusts to escape UK inheritance tax.
- The benefits and drawbacks of the new opt-in election for non-domiciled spouses.
- The tax benefits and dangers of offshore companies.
- How the taxman decides if a company is centrally managed and controlled in the UK.
- New anti-avoidance legislation that taxes the UK owners of offshore companies.
- The new controlled foreign company (CFC) rules, designed to prevent UK companies using subsidiaries in tax havens.
- How big corporations like Google and Apple avoid tax.
- How offshore trusts can be used to roll up income and capital gains tax free and avoid inheritance tax.
- How double tax treaties can be used to save tax.
Examples are used throughout to explain important points.
When you order this guide you will also receive a FREE copy of How to Save Tax 2014/2015.
This comprehensive tax saving guide contains over 100 pages of tax saving tips. It is completely up to date with all the latest tax changes announced in the March 2014 Budget - essential reading for everyone who wants to pay less tax.
Please click here for more information on this excellent bonus ebook.
What Will I Receive?
- Non-Resident & Offshore Tax Planning - 216 pages of tax saving ideas. Professionally printed by one of the UK's leading book printers.
- A FREE optional PDF copy of the guide, emailed immediately. This means you can start saving tax just seconds after ordering!
- A FREE copy of our new comprehensive guide How to Save Tax - packed with useful tax tips and information - emailed immediately.
Click here for more details on this title.
- FREE Postage - For a limited time only we are offering free postage, no matter how many guides you buy. Orders are dispatched same day.
- Buy with Confidence - Taxcafe uses Worldpay's renowned secure payment system. We also accept payments via PayPal.
- 100% Money Back Guarantee - You are entitled to a full refund if you are not entirely happy with your purchase.