- Essential Tax Advice Guides

UK Personal Tax Returns

Taxcafe Tax Planning Guides

This article was published a while ago.
The latest information can be found in our popular tax planning guides:
Taxcafe tax Guides

UK personal tax returns have to be submitted by anyone with sources of revenue other than their main employment income. Higher rate tax payers must also complete a uk personal tax returns form.  Those with capital gains arising from sales of property, stock market shares or the sale of a business should be filling out uk personal tax returns and submitting them to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) so that such income is taxed appropriately.

Most revenue generated through your employment should be automatically taxed under the PAYE scheme and therefore automatically passed on to HMRC however, if you are a higher rate tax payer you will still need to complete a uk personal tax returns form.

Submitting uk personal tax returns or 'self assessment tax returns' might seem like a daunting task when you first receive the forms. Although the HMRC does provide pointers and limited help notes, there are still lots of grey areas that many find themselves struggling with, and seeing as it is your sole responsibility to make sure the figures are accurate, it is always a good idea to get added help completing your uk personal tax returns.

People with any income not completely taxed by PAYE, as well as higher rate tax payers should be completing uk personal tax returns, including the self employed, company directors, landlords, share traders and property investors.

full details

independent quote

Featured Guide
How to Save Property Tax
How to Save Property Tax
As Featured In...