STATUS: OUT OF DATE
How to Avoid Tax on Foreign Property
This unique guide tells you everything you need to know about paying less tax on overseas property. Whether you're buying a dream holiday home or building an overseas property empire, this invaluable tax saving resource will help you save money both in the UK and abroad.
The guide contains key UK and overseas tax information and is essential reading for:
- Anyone buying or selling property anywhere in the world.
- Those just thinking about buying overseas property – there are lots of tax deductions you can claim even before you buy.
- Owners of overseas holiday homes.
- Buy-to-let investors with overseas rental properties.
- Those developing or refurbishing overseas property.
What Information is Contained in the Guide?
How to Avoid Tax on Foreign Property is written in plain English and contains dozens of examples and tax planning tips.
Subjects covered include:
- How to pay less tax on foreign rental income, both in the UK and abroad.
- How to avoid UK capital gains tax on overseas property.
- How to avoid foreign capital gains taxes.
- How to get the taxman to pay for your overseas trips, including:
- How to get tax relief for costs incurred up to seven years before you buy your first foreign property.
- How to avoid VAT at up to 25% on overseas property purchases.
- The benefits and dangers of using a company to buy overseas property.
- How to avoid foreign inheritance tax and wealth taxes.
- How to protect your property from onerous foreign succession laws.
- How to maximise UK tax relief for taxes paid abroad.
- Traps to watch out for in foreign property tax systems.
- A clear and detailed explanation of the new rules for non-domiciled investors.
- The dangers of transferring foreign property – even for married couples.
- How to reduce your foreign currency exchange risks on foreign property.
- How double tax agreements work and how you can exploit them.
- How double tax relief works – when you can claim it and when you shouldn’t.
- How paying MORE tax abroad can SAVE you tax in the UK.
- Detailed chapters outlining the very latest property tax rules in some of the most popular destinations including:
- European Union rules
- Each of the chapters on the featured countries includes:
- An overview of the tax and legal regime.
- Taxes paid when you buy your property.
- Annual taxes on property or wealth.
- Tax on rental income.
- Tax on capital gains.
- Tax on inheritance and gifts.
- Succession law – who will get your foreign property when you die
- When you are treated as resident for tax purposes and what happens then.
- Using a company to buy property.
The Importance of UK Tax
UK taxes are by far the most important for most overseas property investors. The guide contains around 200 pages of UK tax saving information, specifically for overseas investors. So this guide is essential reading for every overseas property investor buying property in any country.
Please note this guide contains almost no overlap with our other bestselling guide, How to Avoid Property Tax.
The guide incorporates:
- President Sarkozy's French tax reforms of August 2007.
- Major Spanish tax reforms implemented in 2007 and 2008.
- Italy's re-introduction of inheritance tax in November 2006.
- The European Court ruling in December 2007 on capital gains in Portugal.
- The impact of Bulgaria's accession to the EU in 2007 and its new flat rate tax system introduced on 1st January 2008.
- The impact of Cyprus's conversion to the Euro on 1st January 2008.
- The new Dubai Property Law of 2006 and its implications for UK investors.
When you order this guide you will also receive a FREE copy of How to Save Tax 2011/2012, worth £14.95.
This comprehensive tax saving guide contains 132 pages of tax saving tips. It is completely up to date with all the latest tax changes announced in the March 2011 Budget - essential reading for everyone who wants to pay less tax.
Please click here for more information on this excellent bonus ebook.
What Will I Receive?
- How to Avoid Tax on Foreign Property - Professionally printed 307 page tax saving book with full colour cover.
- A FREE optional PDF copy of your book sent immediately to your email address. This means you can start making huge tax savings just seconds after the transaction is complete!
- A FREE copy of our new comprehensive guide How to Save Tax 2011/12 - packed with useful tax tips and information for the current year - emailed immediately. Click here for more details on this title.
- FREE Postage - For a limited time only we are offering free postage, no matter how many items you order.
- Buy with Confidence - Taxcafe uses Worldpay's renowned secure payment system. We also accept payments via PayPal.
- 100% Money Back Guarantee - You are entitled to a full refund if you are not entirely happy with your purchase.