The Small Business Bible
Bookkeeping, Cash Flow, Tax & VAT
This plain-English guide tells you everything you need to know about small business bookkeeping, money management, tax returns and VAT. The current 11th edition is recommended reading at University of Greenwich Business School.
Part 1 covers bookkeeping and accounting – you’ll discover how to grow your business and save hundreds of pounds in accountancy fees by taking control of your income and expenses.
Part 2 shows you how simple it is to complete a business tax return, using real-life illustrations – after reading this section you’ll have a solid understanding of how your business is taxed.
Part 3 contains an indispensable guide to VAT – how to register, how to fill in your VAT return, and how to reduce the amount of tax you have to pay.
The current edition also contains a 30-page section on how to improve cash flow in your business and boost your profits. The author reveals all the tricks you can use to keep the money rolling in, including billing tactics that ensure every invoice gets paid quickly... without upsetting your customers!
Keeping it Simple is a must read for:
- Anyone wanting to make light work of managing the finances of a small business.
- Everyone with a new business or thinking about starting a business.
- Sole traders who want a clear jargon-free guide to completing their business tax return.
- Anyone wanting a comprehensive plain-English VAT guide.
- All businesses approaching the £81,000 VAT registration threshold or considering voluntary VAT registration.
- All businesses that want to improve their cashflow.
What Information is Contained in the Guide?
The best thing about this guide is its incredibly simple straightforward approach. Within a couple of hours you'll know pretty much everything you need to know about small business accounting, tax returns and VAT. The book contains lots of useful examples and practical tips which will save you time and money. Subjects covered include:
- How to keep track of all your business income, invoices and expenses using a few simple spreadsheets.
- How to use these spreadsheets to generate invaluable information that will help you grow your business and make more money.
- How to complete your business tax return quickly and accurately – a box-by-box illustrated guide.
- A detailed list of all the expenses you can claim to cut your tax bill.
- Absolutely everything you need to know about VAT in plain English.
- How to save time and money using the VAT Flat Rate Scheme and other schemes.
- How to complete your VAT return without fuss.
- How to choose a good accountant or bookkeeper… and avoid excessive fees.
- How to choose the best accounting software for your business.
- How to do basic accounting controls, bank reconciliations etc.
- How to send out invoices that get paid promptly and keep track of unpaid invoices.
- What records the taxman expects you to keep.
- How to keep tight control of your business stock.
- How to recover VAT on overseas purchases and when travelling abroad.
- How to handle your first employee – PAYE, contracts etc.
When you order this guide you will also receive a FREE copy of How to Save Tax 2015/2016.
This comprehensive tax saving guide contains over 100 pages of tax saving tips. It is completely up to date with all the latest tax changes announced in the March and July 2015 Budgets - essential reading for everyone who wants to pay less tax.
Please click here for more information on this excellent bonus ebook.
What Will I Receive?
- Keeping It Simple - 238 pages of tax saving ideas. Professionally printed by one of the UK's leading book printers.
- A FREE optional PDF copy of the guide, emailed immediately. This means you can start saving tax just seconds after ordering!
- A FREE copy of our new comprehensive guide How to Save Tax - packed with useful tax tips and information - emailed immediately.
Click here for more details on this title.
- FREE Postage - For a limited time only we are offering free postage, no matter how many guides you buy. Orders are dispatched same day.
- Buy with Confidence - Taxcafe uses Worldpay's renowned secure payment system. We also accept payments via PayPal.
- 100% Money Back Guarantee - You are entitled to a full refund if you are not entirely happy with your purchase.
Please click here if you would prefer to pay by cheque