STATUS: OUT OF PRINT
Furnished Holiday Lettings
Your Emergency Tax Planning Guide
Furnished holiday lettings are the property tax equivalent of winning the lottery.
Owners of furnished holiday lets often pay less income tax, capital gains tax, and inheritance tax than other property investors.
This unique guide explains exactly what you can do NOW to save literally tens of thousands of pounds in tax.
This guide is essential reading for ALL landlords who own furnished holiday lettings in the UK and European Economic Area (EEA).
What Information is Contained in the Guide?
The guide contains dozens of clear examples and tax planning ideas and is written by one of the country's leading property tax experts.
Subjects covered include:
- A detailed look at ALL the income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax benefits of furnished holiday lettings.
- Five services you should provide to tenants to preserve your special tax status.
- How one investor is saving £16,000 in capital gains tax by transferring property to his daughter.
- How to benefit from entrepreneurs relief and pay capital gains tax at less than 10% – without actually selling your property.
- How you could sell old properties and buy new ones to benefit from capital gains rollover relief.
- Why you should consider transferring your properties into a company to save tax on future income and capital gains.
- How one investor is saving £121,920 by transferring his portfolio to a company thanks to incorporation relief.
- How to obtain a tax repayment by creating a rental loss during the current tax year.
- Why you should consider paying a salary of up to £476 per month to children over 16 (and in some cases to those aged 13-15).
- How one investor is saving £21,920 in one year alone by carefully claiming capital allowances.
- 7 ways to shelter the value of your furnished holiday lettings from inheritance tax.
- The tax benefits of converting newly acquired or existing property into furnished holiday lets.
- Making back-dated claims as far back as 2003 on foreign furnished holiday letting property.
- The future tax landscape for owners of furnished holiday lettings.