Selling Your Business
How to Pay the Minimum Tax and Boost Your Profits
Selling a business requires careful tax planning. Get it right and you will reduce or even eliminate your capital gains tax and income tax bills. Get it wrong and you could end up paying a large chunk of your profits to the taxman.
This unique selling a business guide tells you everything you need to know about paying less tax when you sell your business. The 9th edition has just been published (May 2012) and is completely up to date.
Recent changes to capital gains tax, income tax and corporation tax have important implications for anyone selling a company or other business. This book details all the latest tax changes, explains how they will impact the sale of your business and, crucially, tells you what you can do to reduce your tax bill.
The guide also tells you absolutely everything you need to know about Entrepreneurs Relief.
What Information is Contained in the Guide?
Subjects covered include:
- All relevant changes announced in the March 2012 Budget.
- Clear explanation of how capital gains tax is calculated when you sell your business.
- Lots of real-life case studies
- ... with easy to follow tax calculations.
- The best tax saving strategies when you sell your business.
- How to qualify for Entrepreneurs Relief.
- What you must do (and not do) to prevent the taxman taking away your Entrepreneurs Relief.
- How to make use of Gift Relief, EIS Relief and Business Property Relief (BPR).
- Details of the new Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS).
- The tax benefits of share exchanges over cash sales.
- Things you should consider before selling: extracting cash and assets, termination payments etc.
- How to make use of 'earn outs', 'hive ups', conditional contracts, and options.
- Detailed look at the benefits and drawbacks of selling the company's assets instead of your shares, especially in light of the new capital gains tax rules.
- How to allocate the proceeds from the sale to reduce capital gains tax and maximise your capital allowances.
- Benefits and drawbacks of transferring assets to your spouse.
- How to make the most of trading losses and capital losses on assets.
- How to make sure the transaction is outside the scope of VAT.
- The pros and cons of emigrating to avoid tax.
- Pros and cons of incorporating a sole trader business before sale.
- Tax saving action plan for anyone selling a business.
When you order this guide you will also receive a FREE copy of How to Save Tax 2016/2017.
This comprehensive tax saving guide contains over 150 pages of tax saving tips. It is completely up to date with all the latest tax changes announced in the March 2016 Budget - essential reading for everyone who wants to pay less tax.
Please click here for more information on this excellent bonus ebook.
What Will I Receive?
- Selling Your Business - 176 pages of tax saving ideas. Professionally printed by one of the UK's leading book printers.
- A FREE optional PDF copy of the guide, emailed immediately. This means you can start saving tax just seconds after ordering!
- A FREE copy of our new comprehensive guide How to Save Tax - packed with useful tax tips and information - emailed immediately.
Click here for more details on this title.
- FREE Postage - For a limited time only we are offering free postage, no matter how many guides you buy. Orders are dispatched same day.
- Buy with Confidence - Taxcafe uses Worldpay's renowned secure payment system. We also accept payments via PayPal.
- 100% Money Back Guarantee - You are entitled to a full refund if you are not entirely happy with your purchase.